The saturday before Easter we took the kids to a fancy dinner. We made them all dress up nice. Jeremy lectured them the whole way there. "If you don't behave I will take you home right in the middle of it and you won't be able to do the Easter egg hunt after," he threatened.
I've never seen a more polite bunch of kids. I heard things like.
"Will you please pass the butter fine Sir?"
"Isn't it a beautiful day we're having lovely Mommy?"
They did great and it was fun to take them to somewhere nice. I have to admit it was brave on our part as well, but they did just fine. It was a special Easter buffet so they geared toward the kids. The menu had pasta, mini cheese burgers, pizza, yummy chicken, and mashed potatoes. The deserts were great. They had everything from cookies, ice cream sundaes, and brownies. They also had an ice sculpture in the shape of an Easter basket. I should have gotten a picture of it. You can see it slightly behind Jeremy's head in the picture above.
There was an Easter egg hunt held after. The eggs were gone in 10 sec. It was not very well organized. Good thing we had our own the next day. I made the kids pose with the Easter Bunny. BJ was not too happy about it and stood as far from him as possible! I guess he's far out grown all of this, but he was a great sport anyway.
It was a fun day with lots of good memories.


No comments:
Post a Comment