Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where's spring?

I heard spring is supposed to be coming, but I have yet to see it.  It has been rather chilly and windy.  Especially Easter weekend.  But that didn't stop us from having Easter fun!  Who can resist an egg hunt!  It's been a family tradition since I can remember.  . . going to Grandpa's and searching for roly poly colored eggs with change inside.  So of course when we had our Hill cousins over for Easter, we had to carry on the tradition;  change in them instead of candy (that's what my grandpa always did).  I did hide a dozen that had a scripture and an object to go along with the scripture.  We read them all together after the hunt.  Just a little activity to remind us the "reason for the season".  Poor BJ, my most competitive child ended up with all of his eggs being scripture eggs except two.  It kinda made me giggle.  We hid three eggs with dollar bills in them.  Our little three year old cousin found one of them.  He was so excited!!Some were a little tricky to get out and a little prickly.LJ saw this egg as soon as she came out the door and ran straight to it!
CJ so excited about his dollar bill egg!
Checking out the prize!



2 comments:

craptasticcancer.blogspot.com said...

My heck your kids are getting big!! It is crazy and a little scary! I hope that you have a nice sunny spring head your way soon! We are in the same boat...chilly and windy! YUCK!

Dianne said...

Jill, nice facelift on your blog. Such fun memories of the Easter Egg hunts at Grandpa's, that's great that you're keeping it going with your cute family & cousins. Looks like a lot of fun, even without the sun. We had snow here, so we went somewhere warm.
Thanks for sharing