In March we went to Silver Mountain in Kellogg Idaho for spring break. They have an indoor water park at the lodge we stayed at! So, fun!!! It was a much needed break for the whole family. We used the water park three separate evenings. The kids' favorite part was the huge family tube ride (except AJ he thought it was too dark, however he kept asking to go down again and then would scream/cry the whole way down. Crazy Kid!)
LJ unfortunately came down with ear infections the day we left for our trip so her and I stayed dry and took pictures.
Besides the water park, Silver Mountain also features a Ski Resort. The kids were excited to ride on the Gondola which is supposed to be the longest one in the world. MJ, and CJ took snowboarding lessons. CJ thought it was a blast. MJ did well, but is still deciding how well she likes it. Jeremy and BJ had been snowboarding previously so they practiced together most of the day. AJ went to a day care where they played in the snow and ate pizza. He loved it! LJ and I snuggled up warm in the lodge and watched the action from the window.
It was all fun and uneventful until after lunch. The lessons were over and LJ was getting fussy. I opted to take the two little one's back to the hotel. The boys wanted to go down the big runs a couple of times before heading back. MJ wanted to be done, but I told her to stay and be brave. I should have remembered that once MJ makes her mind up there's no changing it. She was upset and wanted to stop the run half way down. Jeremy instructed her to go back to the lodge and wait there for them until they were done. BJ sped down fast while Jer went slower with CJ. He told BJ to check on MJ before he did another run. About that time MJ went to the restroom. When BJ came in he of course couldn't find MJ. He quickly got security and told them his sister was missing. There was a search party out all over the mountain looking for her. You can imagine her surprise and embarrassment when she came wandering out of the bathroom and heard her name over the intercoms. She was chastised by the staff for not telling people where she was going. Of all my kids MJ hates being the center of attention. She could have died. I guess you can't blame BJ for taking care of his sister.
In the meantime I was having my own adventure. AJ, me, and a sick, fussy LJ were riding back on the Gondola. About 20 min. into it the ride stopped. We hung suspended hundreds of feet above the ground. AJ started crying and said, "we'll be here "fo eva" (forever)." I quickly explained to him that we just didn't know the magic words to get it going again. We spent the nest 25 minutes thinking of magic words, telling stories, singing songs, and trying to sooth LJ to sleep. Just when I thought we would be there "fo eva" it started up again. We were on the Gondola a total of an hour before we reached land again.
Needless to say we were all wiped out after the days adventures.
All and all it was a great opportunity to leave our busy schedules and just enjoy one another.
3 comments:
I love Austin! I am sad I've been missing in action for so long in primary! So far this week, we're all healthy! Well, mostly! Love the pic of everyone sacked out together! That's how I grew up...six kids in one big bed...we all had our own, but we always ended up together. Thanks for your post...we love living here too!!!
Sounds like a fun, kina crazy spring break!
Great story! Poor McKinley - can't even go to the bathroom...
Post a Comment